All About Electrolysis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blend  

Latest topics
» Thread for Rosedust
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:13 pm by Seana

» Buying a used machine
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm by Seana

» -Information on this category
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 6:05 pm by Seana

» Used Equipment ads
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:44 am by Seana

» The learning resource thread
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:01 pm by Seana

» New DIY laser scam device....the ME!
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:16 pm by Seana

» One Touch/ finally free
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 pm by Seana

» Hairtell announcement
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:38 am by Seana

» Ok guys talk here
Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:19 pm by Seana

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow?

2 posters

Go down

Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? Empty Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow?

Post by Seana Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:30 pm

From time to time I get questions asked of me on reddit or other places that come up a lot. I'm constantly answering the same things. This is one such question and my response, that I thought some here might also have input on.

The question was, on how to hide hair growth when presenting every day, and another poster suggested switching electrologists until they found one that could do the work with just one days growth. This is my response:

Really bad advice actually. The limiting factor is the electrologist has to have enough growth to get the tweezers onto the hair to remove it after the treatment energy has been delivered . If there isnt enough hair to grasp, the electrologist is going to struggle and be MUCH slower simply because it becomes much fussier to do so, if it's even possible at all. As an example, I once had a client shave the day before. I think I averaged one to two hairs a minute, where I generally average 5-6. So not leaving enough growth will slow down your treatment considerable, and your progress.

Having hair growth when you are presenting daily is one of the biggest challenges a transgender person can face dysphoria wise. One thing that helps is that usually they are not working n the entire face, but will alternate areas each visit. Maybe the chin one time, upper lip the next, under the chin and neck, left cheek, right cheek. So it's possible to only grow out the area that is being worked on and this is sometimes less noticeable than growing out your whole face. Also know that as a society, we hardly ever notice the faces of people around us so people are probably not noticing as much as our dysphoria leads us to believe.

I find the minimum that I can work with without having to struggle to extract the hairs is about 3 days. Some electrologists use medical microscopes to view the working area, and they sometimes can work with a little less, but it's always good to check in with them if they are struggling to grasp the hair, thus slowing the process.One day, simply isnt enough to get he tweezers on all but the odd hair that happens to have not been shaved as close.

Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? Empty Re: Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow?

Post by beate_r Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:03 pm

In beard removal i need about 0.5 mm. A bit more is comfortable and usually leads to smaller side effects, but much longer than 3-4 mm is a nightmare. For the (mostly transgendered) clients as well as for me.

beate_r

http://epi.ritzert.net/

Back to top Go down

Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow? Empty Re: Common Questions: How long do I have to let my hair grow?

Post by Seana Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:48 am

Agreed on all points.
My latest client showed up last week with a full beard, at least 3/4-1 of an inch each hair. I could only see some of the follicles as a result. She's coming tommorrow so hopefully more trimmed so I can work a bit more.

Seana
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down